Focus Essential Oil Blend
Grounding yourself in the present moment is important—and sometimes, you need a little last-minute calm before that job interview, date, or high-stakes presentation. Summon tranquility, mindfulness, and deep focus: bergamot, lavender, lemon, sweet orange, and ylang ylang can help.
0.5 fl oz / 15ml
Bergamot – Aromatics from this healing Mediterranean citrus have soothed nerves and flavored teas for centuries. Floral, heady, and spicy, bergamot’s famous fragrance has the uncanny ability to both resettle the senses and reintegrate you back into your focus and intentions. According to studies and research, its aromatherapeutic use alleviates stress. Got lots on your mind distracting you from your goals? Bergamot will bring you back to reality.
Lavender – With a single breath, lavender’s blossoming aroma instills feelings at once both reassuring and divine. Sound a touch too magical? Here’s the science: in one study, inhalation of its oil vapors had anti-anxiety-like effects. Both calming and clarifying, lavender’s powers are subtle, untangling unease without making you sedate or sleepy. Instead, lavender helps you smooth over those ruffled feathers and get the wind back in your wings.
Lemon – Tangy, clean, and invigorating are a few words describing this luscious citrus fragrance. It’s got quite a “zing” when tasted, but can lemon’s scent be just as lively? Yes! We chose its essential oils for Focus to round out other ingredients with more zest, wakefulness, and clarity. Studies also confirm lemon’s odors can make you more alert and even boost cognitive function. So, when life gives you lemons, take a deep breath…and focus!
Sweet Orange – The world’s most popular sweet citrus fruit can be your secret key to composure and poise. While more sugary than bitter and blood oranges, sweet orange nevertheless has hidden health values: in the power of its scent. One study used its aromas to promote tranquility in anxious subjects, and it worked surprisingly well. We added its botanical oils for their sweetness, lightness, and uniquely juicy way of helping keep you productive.
Ylang Ylang – Feeling a bit scattered? Ylang ylang helps shine a light even through the cloudiest mind on the cloudiest day. Aromatherapists are fond of its botanical perfumes, perceived to ground you in the present moment, clarify your thoughts, and reduce both anxiety and depression. Research confirms that it may indeed help anxiety. Call upon the ylang ylang in our blend to help filter out the nonsense and focus on the things that are truly important in life.
Enhance your concentration. Wave away distractions. Alleviate anxieties. To center yourself purposefully, intentionally, and peacefully, place 10 - 15 drops into your diffuser for best results.
CAUTION: For external use only. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with skin or eyes. If pregnant or nursing, contact your health practitioner before using. Some essential oils may promote sunburn.
Good To Know
A few Dos & Don'ts of Essential Oils
- Do dilute essential oils. Nebulizing diffusers don’t require dilution, but regular use in diffusers and use in custom blends or cleaning/body care products require water dilution or a carrier oil.
- Don’t use certain essential oils on the body if you will be in/near direct sunlight. Certain citrus-based oils can amplify the possibility of sunburn, and should be avoided at times when you will be in direct sunlight.
- Do carefully consider which blends or oils will be best for you. Do you have migraines? Blends with lavender might be best. Do you have a cold? Blends with eucalyptus might be best. There are plenty of varieties of oils, and we carry specialized blends that serve many purposes.
- Don’t use certain essential oils while pregnant.
- Do use your diffusers regularly. Simply add 5 - 10 drops to water for the ultrasonic diffuser or 5 - 10 drops of the essential oil directly into the nebulizing diffuser for hours of aromatherapy.