Defend Essential Oil Blend
What do we say to that first nip of cold or flu? “Not today.” Eucalyptus, frankincense, lemon, peppermint, tea tree, and thyme aromas weave and combine, shielding you from pathogens while boosting your immunity.
0.5 fl oz / 15ml
Eucalyptus – Essential oil from this Australian tree is famous for both deep-cleansing and flu-fighting prowess. Studies prove it to be antiseptic, antibacterial, and even antiviral, despite topical- and aromatic-only use. Just a few drops can invoke clean aromas and help purify the air around you. Its gentle herbal fumes are likewise prepared to aid you against colds, flu, and other respiratory bugs with every time you breathe in and enjoy them.
Frankincense – Wrap yourself in this serene perfumery from the Holy Land. Frankincense may be an herbal accoutrement of biblical proportions, but its basic ancient use was simple: for ritual and home cleansing of negative forces. Antimicrobial activity, shown through research, closely supports this belief. Frankincense may not actually banish evil spirits, but it can literally clear the air of pathogens (and boost your immunity while you’re at it).
Lemon – Sparkling lemon fragrance adds more than just a pleasant note to our Defend blend. Besides an illustrious and calming scent, this citrus’s oils also have surprising cold- and flu-fighting properties. Behind these actions might be some subtle antiviral-like action, studies show. It’s likely that lemon essential oil’s diffused vapors—with help from the other herbs from our blend— can help keep down viruses, bugs, and germs in your surroundings.
Peppermint – Most of us are all too familiar with peppermint’s cool yet punchy essence. Not as smooth-scented like its sister, spearmint, what it lacks in mildness it makes up for with invigorating and purifying potential. Research shows peppermint has some mild antiviral actions, too. As one of many carefully curated herbs in Defense, peppermint works in your favor keeping cold/flu pathogens (and bad odors) at bay— plus, it’s one spunky herb.
Tea Tree – It’s your absolute must-have ally for both purification and immune defense. Research shows the Australian shrub literally prevents influenza virus from entering host cells, stopping flu in its tracks. Easily called queen of all cleansing botanicals, tea tree leads the charge in our blend. It combats all pathogens, keeping your space clean, healthy, and well. Count on its amazing scents to not only lift your spirits, but your immune system’s health, too.
Thyme – Time heals all wounds. But thyme—both healing and culinary— might help cure what ails you. Its folk use for coughs and colds? Not so “folksy” after all: research supports the spritely herb as a reliable remedy, even when only its essences are gently inhaled. Helping you vanquish viruses, thyme works like a barrier against airborne pathogens. Its aromas conjure warmth and protection just as much as it cleans, restores, and remedies.
Fast-forward through those coughs and sniffles. Or, clear your airspace of pesky pathogens. Place 10 - 15 drops into your diffuser for best results.
CAUTION: For external use only. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with skin or eyes. If pregnant or nursing, contact your health practitioner before using. Some essential oils may promote sunburn.
Good To Know
A few Dos & Don'ts of Essential Oils
- Do dilute essential oils. Nebulizing diffusers don’t require dilution, but regular use in diffusers and use in custom blends or cleaning/body care products require water dilution or a carrier oil.
- Don’t use certain essential oils on the body if you will be in/near direct sunlight. Certain citrus-based oils can amplify the possibility of sunburn, and should be avoided at times when you will be in direct sunlight.
- Do carefully consider which blends or oils will be best for you. Do you have migraines? Blends with lavender might be best. Do you have a cold? Blends with eucalyptus might be best. There are plenty of varieties of oils, and we carry specialized blends that serve many purposes.
- Don’t use certain essential oils while pregnant.
- Do use your diffusers regularly. Simply add 5 - 10 drops to water for the ultrasonic diffuser or 5 - 10 drops of the essential oil directly into the nebulizing diffuser for hours of aromatherapy.